After hibernating all winter, it can be difficult to find the motivation to get back to the gym. Bathing suit season is fast approaching, however, and it’s time to set your spring exercise plan in motion. These simple tips can help you get off the couch and onto the treadmill.
- Pace yourself. If you’ve relaxed your exercise routine all winter, it’s important to start slowly once you get back at it. Take a few slow jogs or do some gentle yoga classes to get your body ready for exercise.
- Schedule your yearly check-up. If you usually visit the doctor once per year, try to schedule your appointment in the springtime. This will ensure that you’re healthy enough for exercise.
- Invest in comfortable workout gear. Pack away the insulated jackets and warm running pants and purchase workout clothing made of lightweight, breathable fabrics instead. A waterproof rain coat is also a good idea if you run outside because you can expect a few spring showers.
- Get outdoors. If you normally work out at a gym, opt to get your cardio in outside when the weather is nicer. Spending time outdoors is a great incentive to work out, and mixing things up always makes you feel more motivated to exercise.
- Have fun! Whether you work out with a friend or join a community soccer league, warm weather offers lots of options for making your workouts more fun.